Word Netwindup adj : operated by a mechanism; "windup toys" [syn: windup(a)] n : a concluding action [syn: completion, culmination, closing, mop up]
Moby ThesaurusZ, apodosis, catastrophe, ceasing, cessation, close, coda, completing, completion, conclusion, consummation, crack of doom, culmination, curtain, curtains, death, decease, denouement, destination, destiny, doom, effect, end, end point, ending, envoi, epilogue, eschatology, expiration, fate, final solution, final twitch, final words, finale, finality, finis, finish, finishing, full development, goal, izzard, last, last breath, last gasp, last things, last trumpet, last words, latter end, maturation, maturity, omega, payoff, perfection, period, peroration, quietus, resolution, resting place, ripeness, rounding off, rounding out, stoppage, stopping place, swan song, term, terminal, termination, terminus, topping off
- To convince
somebody that something is true, especially when it is not,
often for humorous
- George Bush says that God told him to invade Iraq! Are you winding me up?
Wind-up or windup can refer to:
- a verb for terminating the existence of a company or other entity with a view to its liquidation and dissolution
- the windup is one of the two legal pitching positions in baseball
- Wind-up Records, a New York record label
- Wind It Up (Rewound), an album by The Prodigy.
- The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, a novel
- "Wind Up", a song from the 2001 album Full Collapse by post-hardcore band Thursday
- a noun in UK English slang meaning a prank
- a verb, meaning to conclude (see winding-up)
- a verb, meaning to excite
- a verb, meaning to tighten a mainspring powered mechanical device, such as a watch, music box or clockwork toy
- Wind Up, a song by Foo Fighters from their 1997 album The Colour and the Shape.
- Wind-Up, a song by Jethro Tull off their 1971 album Aqualung
- integral windup in a PID controller